Sunday, December 18, 2011

Daytime Fireball With Tail Observed Over Vernon British Columbia

 
Date:  February 9, 2008
Time:  Between 4:15 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
 
I believe I saw the same daylight fireball February 9 near Vernon, BC. It was between 4:15 and 4:30 p.m. I was walking towards my house when I saw a bright white light in the sky to the north.
 
It seemed quite low to the ground and quite close to Vernon, and was heading on a downwards trajectory of about 45 degrees.
 
It was too large and too bright to be a plane, so I assumed it had to be a meteor. It never diminished in brightness during the time I was able to see it, and I actually saw a trail of what looked like smoke behind it.
 
There was also a reddish light that could have been flame. Eventually it got low enough in the sky that the other houses in the neighborhood blocked my view, and I have no idea whether it continued flaming or made impact anywhere.
 
I haven't heard of anyone else in Vernon so far who observed it.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment