Friday, July 2, 2010

Whitby Ontario (Venus Sighting)

Date: July 1, 2010
Time: Between 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Hi there, I live in Whitby, ON. My neighbour and I watched a strange bright light in the sky last night for about an hour between 10pm-11pm (not fireworks or helicopter) last night. It appeared NW in the sky (lower than the stars appear). I actually filmed it with my HD camera and have some footage.

It moved very slowly and eventually faded out. Very strange. I zoomed in with my 200x digital zoom, but couldn’t keep it still/well focused. But I can tell you that it was circular/oval in shape, glowed-pulsed orange/yellow with pinkish centre (I paused the tape a few times to notice this).

While I believe it might be the ISS, would it stay in view for over an hour over the horizon? I don’t know. Wondering if others saw it so I went online and your comments showed up. My neighbour claims its been appearing in the same position over the last few nights. I will check again tonight for sure. Again, very weird.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment