Sunday, July 11, 2010

UFO Sighting Over Georgetown Ontario

Date: July 10, 2010
Time: 12:50 a.m.

Hello, my name is (name removed), I just did a search on Google to see if anyone else saw what I did late Friday night/Saturday morning July 10th and I found your site.

I was driving home from Toronto, heading north from Steeles Ave, towards Georgetown south when I noticed a bright light in the sky, like when a plane is heading towards you. I thought at first it was a plane, but as I came closer to Georgetown south, it was moving in my peripheral as I was driving, like it was staying still. The craft did have blinking lights on one side. I then thought it was the radio tower close by there, but I spotted that out separately.

This started at 12:50am on the 10th. I turned towards my street and ran out of the car. The flying craft moved from the east side of 9th line to the west over the farm fields. The light was dimmer, but then seem like it turned towards my direction and stopped again. Planes do not change direction like that, nor hover, so the only explanation could be some sort of military helicopter, but what is that doing in Georgetown at this hour.

I ran in to get my camera, my camera is too low end to get the lights over the street lamps.

I then watched it get dimmer and fly back east getting out of sight. I jumped on my bike to follow and get a better look as the craft ascended east and out of sight into the clouds. I was really excited and kind of freaked out. This whole section took place from 12:50-1:10am. I was tracking the time so I could maybe ask others about it.

I then went home to go to bed. I went up to my room that faces east, took a look out of the window and noticed on the side of my open window, a reflection of a bright light coming from the northeast now. I took off my window screen and popped my head out. This sighting was spine chilling, it came over Hungry Hollow (the woods separating Georgetown north from the south) and came close by overhead.

I could make out a few details, the craft was wide and dark mostly. The right side of the craft had a few lights and few that blinked, the left side (I'm guessing sides by the direction it was flying in) had a red triangle outline lit up really bright. This craft did admit a sound, and it was not the sound of a helicopter! (I'm an audio engineer and listen to sound effects alot) it was like a higher pitched plane I guess you could say.

The craft flew over and out of sight. I was so scared then and upset that no one was with me. This second sighting was around 1:20am and that is it, it was something I have never seen before and it was not a plane nor a helicopter. Maybe someone will read this and have the same sighting, because all my friends think I'm crazy. Thank you for your time, hope this is useful.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi I know This is two years later but I also live in Georgetown Ontario and have noticed some strange things going on in the sky. For one the Air force is continually flying over Georgetown and two there has been a strange humming in the sky most every night.
    I'd love to find put if anyone else is hearing this humming coming from the sly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Air Force flies overhead because we have a training facility on Armstrong Street, but the OP sighting doesn't sound like Air Force.

      Delete