Monday, December 27, 2010

Bright Orange Red Object Over Southwest Of London Ontario

Date: December 26, 2010
Time: Approx: 0100 hours.

Location of Sighting: Southwest Of London Ontario.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Orb.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Hi Brian, while walking my dog this morning across an open field, a very bright orange/red orb (single light, not a combo) caught my eye in the southwestern sky over London, Ontario. The colour was similar to that of sodium streetlights though just slightly more reddish.

It was obviously not any kind of regular aircraft due to the brightness of the light, the slow to halting speed at which it traveled, the irregular flight pattern it displayed as well as a unique element that I'd never before seen emit from anything besides a search helicopter and most certainly not from that height. The moment I saw it, I regretted not having my video camera with me.

The night sky was primarily overcast with patchy bits of darkness peeking through and this 'orb' seemed to be approximately at cloud level as it would vary in intensity from very bright to occasionally slightly diffuse. It traveled in a slow path in a northwesterly direction covering approximately a five degree arc in the sky while I was watching before it slowly dimmed and disappeared. The length of time I had it in view was about two minutes or less.

There seemed to be a scanning light of sorts emanating from the 'orb' which swung a few times visibly through the clouds at a relatively short range from the 'orb'.

I can't seem to locate the height of the cloud ceiling on weather networks so distances are tough to calculate, but I would guess the 'orb' was at around 15,000 feet and didn't seem to stray too much from a level path.

I wish there was more to report but that's about as descriptive as I can get. Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment