Monday, February 11, 2008

St. John, Newfoundland Unknown Lights In The Sky

Posted: February 11, 2008

Date: September 24, 2007 Time: 12:40 a.m.

HBCC UFO Research Note: The witness did contact me.

At 12:40am on Monday, September 24th, I stepped outside for a quick smoke and gazed up at the nearly full moon in the southern sky. The clouds were big and fluffy and low, but the night sky and stars were clearly visible in the large gaps between clouds. Shortly after stepping outside I saw two sets of flashing lights moving from west to east in the sky. I have no idea how high they were, but they seemed lower than most air traffic I see at night and were certainly not satellites. I heard no noise.

As they came overhead, I noticed that it was not a single light but rather a set of lights in tight proximity. There were 3 white lights and 1 red light in one set, and 1 white light and a red light in the other. I recall focusing almost entirely on the larger trailing set of lights because I could see it more clearly. My memory of the second set is hampered by this lopsided concentration, so they may have in fact been identical.

The 3 white lights were blinking one at a time in quick succession followed by the red light. The three white lights glowed dimly when not brightly flashing. Neither "broke pattern" or performed any maneuvers, rather they flew linearly and at a constant speed.

The lights took about 1 minute from when they first became visible to when they passed too far west to see. I live near an airport so I am familiar with how most aircraft appear in the sky, these were certainly unfamiliar to me in terms of flash pattern and brightness.

This is not the first time I have seen strange lights in the night sky. I was arriving home from a friend's house one night last month when I saw a bright whitish orange light flanked by two flashing red lights. It was completely still and silent in the night sky to the west of my house. The white light was about 1/4 the size of a full moon and the two red lights were quite small.

It was close enough so that if it was a helicopter I would have heard it. I watched the lights for about a minute before the central light suddenly got much brighter (full moon-esque) and then disappeared, as it appeared to move straight down from my vantage point (I lost track of it as it went behind a neighbor's house).

I did not witness any of the above lights perform any maneuvers which would seem impossible from a technological point of view, but the odd pattern of flashing, brightness, and silent motion lead me to wonder what exactly I saw. I am open to all convincing explanations.

Thank you to the witness for their report.

Would you like to be a guest on my radio show ? (The Vike Report) If so and have an interesting UFO or Sasquatch story to relate, please drop Brian Vike, Director of HBCC UFO Research a line with the information, please include your telephone number so I can make arrangements for the interview. Please note that HBCC UFO Research does not ever give out anyone's private information to anyone.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Also advertise your product with HBCC UFO Research, all advertising funds go directly to a new toll free UFO reporting hotline.

Details on how to Advertising On The HBCC UFO Research Website, Radio Show & Newsletters. *Advertising On The HBCC UFO Research Website, Radio Show & Newsletters*

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment