Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lethbridge, Alberta Three Silver Gray Spheres In V Formation

Posted: May 19, 2009

Date: July ? 1976
Time: Between 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 3
Shape of objects: Spherical.
Weather Conditions: Clear, sunny, summer afternoon. Clouds on western horizon.

Description: While laying on my back in the yard I saw three silver-gray spheres in V-formation pass east to west between the roof of our neighbour's house and our own house. I guessed these spheres to be somewhere between 6-8 feet in size, and appeared to be about the size of tennis balls held at arm's length. My best guess was that they were between 75-100 feet above me. I heard three distinct 'beeps' as they glided past. The open piece of sky between the two roofs was probably about 35-40 feet, and time the objects took to traverse this distance was probably 1.5 to 2 seconds.

After a brief moment of surprise I leapt up and ran around the house to see if I could locate these objects in the westerly sky. I could not see anything and thought that I had lost them, even though their speed should have allowed me to catch a glimpse over the very large and wide open school field west of us.

I returned to the backyard where I had first witnessed the objects and scanned the sky again. This time, to the north, I saw two spheres, the third one having presumably left the formation. They appeared to be more distant as judged by their smaller size -- they now appeared to be approximately the size of a dime held at arm's length. When I re-aquired them visually they were almost due north and were headed in a south-easterly direction, nearly opposite to the direction I had first noted. Their altitude may have been between 500-1000 feet but this is just a guess. I also guessed that they might be more than a kilometer from me at this time, perhaps closer to two kilometres, and both were travelling at a far greater speed. They silently sped toward the southeast and vanished into the distance in 3-4 seconds.

I couldn't accurately estimate the speed of these objects unless I knew their size and altitude. However, when I first saw them they were moving rather slowly, at almost a leisurely pace, and the second sighting had them moving at a far, far greater and quite impressive speed.

Other than the three beeps I heard no sounds, nor any 'whooshes' that might indicate some form propulsion or air disturbance.

They did not glow, change shape or colour, nor 'wink out'. They appeared to be solid, and flew in an organized and what appeared to be a purposeful manner.

I'd be delighted to know if anyone else has ever seen the silent three-sphere formation.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment