Friday, January 7, 2011

Bright Object Observed With An Overcast Sky At Oshawa Ontario

Date: January 5, 2011
Time: 9:00 p.m.

On January 5 this year, the night sky was completely overcast. No stars or the moon were visible. Below the cloud cover there was one airplane visible. At 9:00pm. I saw an extremely bright "star" or planet in the west sky over Oshawa. It didn't move as I watched it for half an hour.

I don't understand how I could see a planet through a completely overcast sky, and to my knowledge the evening star is in the east at that time of night. It didn't twinkle as a faraway star does. I would be delighted if someone could identify it for me.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment