Saturday, August 23, 2008

Greenwood, Nova Scotia A Circular Saucer UFO

Posted: August 23, 2008

Date: November 1973
Time: 8:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Circular saucer.
Weather Conditions: Cold clear crisp night, no moon, lots of star light.

Description: This sighting occurred in late November 1973 on a 200 acre farm, just a couple of miles from the Greenwood Air Force Base in Nova Scotia. I had recently left the RCAF after 5 years of service, so I considered myself an expert on aircraft recognition at the time.

It was about 8pm, crystal clear starry skies and no moon. I was enjoying some delicious home made soup in the kitchen and facing toward the window looking east ward. I noticed a bright whitish light above the horizon, but at first paid no attention. A few moments past before I looked up again and observed that it had not moved. At first I thought it was landing lights from an aircraft coming in for a landing at the Greenwood base. After a minute or two, curiosity got the better of me and I grabbed my coat and went outside to investigate.

At this time I saw a stationary white light illuminating the horse coral from above. The horse had not been bedded down in the barn yet, and was prancing around and acting skittish. I could not even begin to fathom what could be causing this light. I began to walk across the farm yard towards the coral when the light slowly began to drift towards me. No more than 1 or 2 feet per second. I immediately yelled out to my friend Paul who was in the farm house to come out and see what I was looking at.

As the light came closer I could make out a circular saucer object about 40 feet in diameter with a single white light coming from its center. By the time my friend Paul came outside, the object was still moving slowly towards me. There was no sound, except for a slight whistling noise. The kind of noise you might expect if a large object was passing through the air. It came to a complete stop when it was directly above us, bathing us both in light. Bright enough to read a book. The UFO was no more than 100 feet above our heads by this time. We were both totally in awe.

Seconds passed and then suddenly a military tracker (CP-121) aircraft came roaring over the roof top of our farm house from behind us. It seemed they were on a collision course when within a blink of an eye the UFO made an abrupt 90 degree evasive move, travelling 80 feet to the North. Even above the noise of the aircraft we could both hear the whooshing sound of the object when it moved. The tracker aircraft made a steep bank to align itself with the UFO again and put on full throttle to it's engines, hell bent to intercept this hovering object. Within a matter of 5 seconds the UFO had made 3 quick jolting movements before I saw it's lights disappear over the North Mountain, about 6 to 7 miles away. The tracker aircraft immediately throttled down its engines and returned towards the Greenwood Air Force base.

After collecting my thoughts and realizing what I had just witnessed, I called a close friend who was still stationed at the base and asked him to get in touch with the Greenwood Control Tower and find out what was going on. He called me back shortly after and told me the tower reported no air traffic at that time, and claimed there had not even been a tracker aircraft in the air at that time. This only confirmed my total belief that both my friend and I had
seen a real flying saucer. I've been a believer ever since.

As a footnote, about 22 years later I bumped into my friend Paul in Vancouver by sheer accident on public transport one day. After a few seconds of us both being amazed at our chance meeting, he couldn't stop talking about our UFO experience we had together. It had left an indelible impression on both of us, even after all these years.

TV/Radio: N/A.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment