Thursday, December 25, 2008

Grimsby, Ontario Three Star Like Lights In A Triangle Formation

Posted: December 25, 2008

Date: May 27, 2008
Time: 0008 hrs

Location of Sighting: Grimsby, Ontario,Canada
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 3
Shape of objects: 3 star-like lights in triangle formation.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hello. This is not a spectacular sighting, but just for the record and in consideration of the recent triangle UFO reports in the Niagara region. I've finally decided to report a moving triangle pattern of 3 star-like lights that I observed at 8 minutes after midnight on May 27/08. As I recall (and also I did make some written notes in my day planner), these lights were solid white with slight blue tinge, medium bright (again star-like) and they did not vary in intensity throughout the observation. They were 3 points of light that moved together, from my perspective they formed a triangle pattern in the shape of a classic Pythagorean right angle triangle (with side ratios of approx. 3,4,5). However this perceived shape could also have been caused just from the low viewing angle it appeared at. The long pointed end of the triangle was pointed in the direction of travel which was southeast in direction. I was in my backyard stargazing and I first noticed the motion in the Western sky, approximately over Hamilton and approx. 25 degrees up elevation from the Western horizon in the near vicinity of the constellation Leo.

The pattern tracked very slowly towards the South where I lost it in the horizon haze and just to the right (Western side) of the constellation Scorpios. The sky was clear and calm with some haze on the horizon and not too much light pollution. Total duration of sighting approx. 45 seconds to 1 minute. I observed this also with binoculars and as I tracked with it I noticed the star-field moving through it and behind it. In other words, it appeared as 3 independent lights i.e.. not solid body. Again, the lights were very steady in intensity and were definitely not aircraft lights (absolutely no red/green nav. or red/white strobe lights). There was no sound whatsoever. I have no way of really estimating their distance and altitude but they gave the impression of being quite high up e.g.. satellite territory (100's of miles) but I concede they could have been lower (thousands of feet).

In fact, I would concede that these may actually have been satellites, but I think what bothers me most about this is that, 1) I've never witnessed 3 satellites flying in formation, 2) aren't satellites expensive enough on their own, why task 3 to be in the same region of space at the same time, 3) the absolute precision of formation while in motion that these objects moved in was amazing, it was as if they were attached to a single object or linked in unison somehow.

I've always done some stargazing and astronomy since I was younger so I feel I have some experience looking at nighttime sky objects. I've seen literally hundreds of satellites, some spectacular meteors (of which I even have some photos) and of course many nighttime aircraft. This is the first report I've made like this. I'm not prone to leaps of imagination but tend to be realistic and, in this case, I just saw what I saw. I found your website after making this sighting and have been checking it regularly ever since and in light of recent reports from this region. I've learned some good lessons to which I try to adhere; a) I now always carry a digital camera with me (with extra batteries) wherever I go. b) I know how to use this camera, even in the dark. c) I pay way more attention, day or night, to the skies around me. By the way, I think your website is great and your providing a much needed venue for reporting these anomalies and providing it in a style that is not intimidating. Thank you for your time and patience.

Thank you to the witness for their report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment