Monday, December 8, 2008

Bittern Lake, Alberta, Canada A Star Like Object

Posted: December 8, 2008

Date: November 20, 2008
Time: 5:40 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Star-like
Weather Conditions: Cloudy, windy, cold

Description: I live on an acreage with no outside lighting. At approximately 5:40 pm, I was sitting on my couch watching the TV which is between two very large, floor-to-ceiling windows which overlook a densely wooded area. The woods momentarily lit up! I mean lit up! It seemed to me that the light came from the south side of the house to light the woods to the north. I picked up the phone and paced with the dogs wondering what I should do.

I decided to go outside (knees shaking) with the dogs just to see that everything was okay and set my mind at ease. After wandering west and south of the house for about 5 minutes I saw an intensely bright light to the south just above the horizon. It was large enough that I might have mistaken it for the headlight of an oncoming train if there was a track leading to my house. Of course there isn't.

The light was so bright that it was difficult to keep looking at. It reminded me of a halogen light because of its intensity and the halo of red, yellow and deep blue. That big, bright light sat there for only about a minute after I had noticed it. Then it went 'out' and left only a tiny point of light for a couple of seconds before vanishing into a light patch of 'mist' for a few more seconds, and then it was gone.

I was just looking out the windows, using my binoculars, in the direction of where I was standing outside yesterday evening. I can't imagine what that light could have been. The space weather page says it was most likely an asteroid which lit up the sky. Would it sit and glow so brightly? Cool, whatever it was.

TV/Radio: I have the news on now and they have apparently been flooded with calls about 'light' in the sky. They have no explanation yet and are leaning toward the likelihood of a meteor shower falling on the province of Alberta. Apparently there have been reports of this bright light as far north as Fort McMurray.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment