Thursday, December 27, 2007

In The Area Of Springhill, Nova Scotia Pilot Observes Chrome Sphere

Posted: December 27, 2007

Date: 1995 (?) Time: N/A

HBCC UFO Research Note: I did try to email the gentleman back in hopes of gathering more information on this sighting. But my email bounced back to me, I tired again and again my email came back. So I don't know if there is just an email problem somewhere along the line, or if indeed this story is real. But some of what the fellow mentioned in his letter rings a bell for folks who would know about flying. So I decided to post this report, but for now, I just don't know for sure if this is indeed a true experience. Just wanting to be careful.

Well, my name is (removed) and I have kept my sighting of a strange object somewhat quiet for a number of years. I didn't feel comfortable about talking about the experience for a variety of reasons - one of which I was at the time a serving Police Officer and didn't need my credibility brought into question. Another reason was simply - Who would even believe me/us? I have the exact date of my sighting in my pilots logbook, but since I don't readily have the log on me as I type, I'll explain the occurrence estimating the timeframe.

During the summer of (I believe 1995) In the mid afternoon, I was flying a small 4 place aircraft from Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada) to Summerside, Prince Edward Island. I had my young son with me and my 67 year old Father-In-Law. We were level flight at about 4000' and the weather was phenomenal - It was sunny with a few scattered clouds and a typical great summers day. My son was asleep in the rear of the plane and my father-in-law was sitting right seat. When we over the area of Springhill, Nova Scotia,.. My Father-In-Law was looking past me and to the left of our plane and said "What's that?" pointing his finger at what I can only describe as a "Chrome Sphere" maybe 30' in diameter a 1000' lower than us, about three miles to the direct left of us and at about the same airspeed. I told my Father-In-Law that I didn't know what it was! He asked if it was a helicopter and I replied it wasn't - as it was a perfectly round shiny ball.

It is difficult to describe the various emotions experienced during tense or adverse situations, but I remember feeling excited and at the same time, having a sickly feeling in my stomach! I kept the plane in level flight and contacted "Flight Following." I querried as to whether or not there were any other aircraft in my vicinity and received the reply "Negative, Your the only aircraft on the scope." I then called back and said I have an object to my left same direction of travel and speed at approximately 3000' and 3 miles away! Flight following replied again that they have nothing else on radar.

I decided to try something - probably wasn't the best idea at the time, but I turned my plane West towards the Ball and all of a sudden it "Shot away!" at an extreme rate of speed taking it a good 10 - 15 miles away in a mere second! The way it traveled resembled a baseball heading away from you and making a slight curve to the left and upwards at the same time. When it appeared to stop it was barely visible as a spec. I banked right and resumed my heading towards Summerside. My Father-In-Law just looked stunned and remained quiet for a few minutes. After a bit he asked again if it was a helicopter or another plane? I told him I didn't know what it was, but it was definitely no plane or helicopter like I had ever seen. Flight following called back and asked if we could identify the second aircraft? After some thought, I called them back and said "No!"

I no longer serve as a Police Officer and always pondered what it was we saw that day. I did see a documentary a few years later with Lee Majors providing commentary. On the video there were a variety of clips and stories, but I got goose bumps when one story had a photo of a "Silver Ball" like the one my Father-In-Law and I had seen.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

3 comments:

  1. My Uncle was in the woods back in the 1950's and saw a UFO and an actual encounter with an alien in the woods. The following year a young lady of 20 saw something similar and lived on the same street as my Uncle and my Mom - it was very tall and thin and looked apparently into her window - my mom and uncle said nobody believed her and she was quite shaken up and never was the same - she eventually was placed into a mental instution - nobody knows what happened to her after that - my unlce has passed on now, but my Mom knows all the stories and she is a big believer of UFO's and still follows stories to this day. I don't why they pick this area to visit, but I can say that you are not the first and likely not the last - lots of stories out of springhill nova scotia that really should be explored more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just did some more research and saw this posted from the DND - my Uncle was likely one of those that saw the UFO and Alien - that really is strange and I must ask my Mom more information

    SPRINGHILL UFO, NOVA SCOTIA, AUG 26/52:
    C063 09/05/52 Flight Lieutenant Gurney, Department of National Defence
    To: Chief Air Staff, Air Force Headquarters, Ottawa
    Re: Sighting Reports from Springhill, Nova Scotia 08/26/52
    Eight Children and Seven Adults
    C064 09/05/52 (Page Two of the Above)
    C065 08/26/52 UFO Sighting Report
    Postal Clerk, Springhill, Nova Scotia 08/26/52
    C066 08/26/52 (Page Two of the Above)
    C067 08/26/52 (Page Three of the Above)
    C068 08/26/52 UFO Sighting Report
    Police Constable, Springhill, Nova Scotia 08/26/52
    C069 08/26/52 (Page Two of the Above)
    C070 08/26/52 (Page Three of the Above)
    C071 08/26/52 UFO Sighting Report
    Retired Miner, Springhill, Nova Scotia 08/26/52
    C072 08/26/52 (Page Two of the Above)
    C073 08/26/52 (Page Three of the Above)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops sorry 1/2 man and 1/2 Sasquash - he took days to calm down over this and spoke how he could not believe he could run that fast - he too was a big beliver of UFO's like my Mom and just died recently otherwise could have asked more questions....just never believe my Mom and now seeing some of these postings she is 70 now and I feel bad for not believing her more.

    ReplyDelete