Thursday, December 27, 2007

Edmonton, Alberta Unusual Symbols During The Northern Lights

Posted: December 27, 2007

Date: 1998 Time: Evening

Message: Hello, Something I saw a number of years ago still defies explanation and I thought I would bring it to your attention with the hopes of you being able to shed some light on the subject.

My experience deals with some strange northern lights viewed from within the city limits of Edmonton Alberta in the year 1998. I know it's a long time ago, but I only recently gained access to the internet.

I was with three friends aged 25-30, we had been playing soccer during the day. At sunset we decided to retreat to a little park a few km's away to kick back and drink a few beers. When we finally picked up some beer and got to the park, it was dark.

We were on our first beers when I looked up and noticed a band of turquoise northern lights directly above us. We all stopped and stared up at the display. The band (or line) of lights was continually shimmering as northern lights do, but then something bizarre started to happen. The band of northern lights started to form shapes. (I should mention that I have witnessed the northern lights many, many times through out the years and I have never seen them displayed in such a structured or deliberate way.)

I clearly remember two shapes in particular. The first was a spiral pattern similar to a snail's shell, the second and more alarming shape was that of a bird. It was the type of bird you see in western Indian cultures. The bird was completely symmetrical, except for the head that was facing sideways as to display the beak. It looked similar to the phoenix you see on the hoods of old trans-ams & firebirds. The bird shape stayed intact for at least 3 minutes before my friends and I decided that this was a bit freaky and that it was time to leave. (in hindsight I wish that I would have stayed for the whole night!)

Anyway, that's what happened & and that's what I (we) saw. I know it doesn't classify as a UFO but it was strange, a bit disturbing and definitely real!

Have you ever heard of someone who has had similar experiences?

Thank you for your time.

Thank you to the witness for the interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment