Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lights Stationary In The Sky Over Komoka Ontario

Date: February 8, 2011
Time: 5:45 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

Number of witnesses:
Number of Objects: 1 + 3.
Shape of Objects: Changed shape.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Hello Brian, this is response to the posting from Ottawa on February 8, 2011. No, you are not bonkers, I saw the same thing at the same time.

I noticed this star like, very bright, solitary light directly in the western sky at exactly 5:45pm on February 8th as well. The sky was clear, the moon a mere sliver, and I thought it was a star. As I watched from outside in my driveway it first appeared to be one large white light or star then I could make out another sitting right above it.

When I went to fetch the binoculars, I watched it from a window inside the house and it appeared to be three or more stars or lights in a tight little line. The weird thing is that the bottom light seemed to swivel a bit like a bell or pendulum swinging back and forth or revolving. I went back outside and still it was the only thing in the sky besides the moon.

I figured I too was seeing things and chalked it up to my eyes playing tricks on me. I tried to calculate the height and all I could come up with was this, if I drew a line from yourself to the object I would say it was at 80 degrees.

Periodically through the evening I checked its position in relation to the movement of the moon, and while the moon moved across the sky this light or star did not. It remained constant in the west just slightly lower or to the left or right.

At about 10:00pm, I went back outside to take another look, and saw another light that looked like it was dripping from the one I just described. I stood in amazement and watched as 2 more tiny little lights dropped from it. These little lights moved like fire flies until they reached the tree line then began moving parallel to the earth.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment