Monday, March 7, 2011

Stationary Light Over Owen Sound Ontario

Date: March 6, 2011
Time: Approx: 1:00 a.m.

Dear Brian Vike, I am forwarding an e-mail I received from my daughter (name removed) in Owen Sound this morning. (Please ignore the time posted on it, my computer registers 5 hours ahead).

I found your website through Google, and you certainly seem to be the person who might be able to provide an explanation for her. Looking forward to hearing from you, if indeed you feel this is something out of the ordinary.

Sighting report below:

We have to call it that because we can't explain what it was. Last night my husband woke me around 1:00am and said that there's a weird light in the sky that he'd been watching for about a 1/2 hour and that it hadn't moved at all. When I looked at first I thought it was a planet, but suddenly it’s aura started flashing in green and red then white and it would become super bright then fade a little, then start flashing again.

We both watched it through the binoculars for about an hour. It stayed in one spot, we sat down and I looked again about 15 minutes later and it still hadn't moved, about 10 minutes after that my husband looked and thought that it was gone, but it actually was lower and further away. It's around 3:30am now and it's still there. Never seen anything like it before (Freaky).

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

  1. I had the same thing happen to me in Ireland. I was photographing some stationary flashing lights in a beautifully clear night sky. I thought for sure it was something out of the ordinary. I discovered later it was the amazing display of the star Sirius. It appears to flash different colours,at times it even looks like a colourful cluster of lights. The lower it gets in the sky as time passes, the more brilliant the display. The name Sirius comes from the ancient Greek for "glowing" or "scorcher".

    I believe in U.F.O.'s. In this case I really think the observers were watching Sirus.

    ReplyDelete