Wednesday, March 17, 2010

V Formation Over Stevenson In Oshawa Ontario

Date: March 15, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:18 p.m.

Hi Brian, thought to pass this one along speaking unidentified. I was walking my dog in a park field near Stevenson in Oshawa, Ontario. I’m not sure what I witnessed last night March 15, 2010 at about 9:18pm. I looked up at the clear night through some trees. Directly above, I noticed something flying in a V formation. The altitude is hard to tell, though maybe in the 1000’s feet above. This formation was heading north towards Oshawa Airport. There was a slight low, slight orangey tone of color.

As I watched this V formation fly overhead in the darkness. It looked like about 8-10 points on each side. I thought right away when looking up, that they were Canadian Geese. I could not hear a sound above and watched it for maybe all 15-20 seconds heading away. There was a sudden sound of dog/s barking aloud about the time this formation passed over the north there. I’m still not sure what I witnessed. In observation, I have noticed a lot of Geese in the Durham area in the day.

If they were Geese, I heard no honking at all-just silence. Not to mention the tone of color being odd. I have also notice Geese formations fly south at near dusk towards Lake Ontario. Never at night, even without a honk. I will be looking up for on now and carry my camera should this occur again. P.S. - Great site you have there, I’ll leave this report with you only.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment