Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Odd Looking Lights Seen In The Sky From Calgary Alberta


Date:  February 23, 2015
Time:  Approximately 11:00 p.m.

Number of Objects: 2 perhaps, 3 lights connected or along a thread of light.
Shape of Objects: 2 or 3 lights seemingly connected by a thread of light between them moving north.
Colour of Object: Whitish perhaps some silver?

Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike’s Note: There are a lot of reports coming in from across Canada, mostly in British Columbia and Alberta. Trying to figure out what they might be.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I had just pulled out of the carwash to the Heritage and Fairmont intersection red light to head south on Fairmont Dr. SE.

I was obviously looking south across the intersection watching the traffic light to turn green. From my view south to the south southwest some weird lights caught my eye.

They caught my eye because they didn’t fit any pattern I could recognize such as aircraft etc.

I kept watching as the light turned green and I went south while still trying to figure the lights out. (and wandering all over the road).

I thought the lights were a reflection off an apartment roof, then I thought had some construction started and they erected one of those big cranes?

I kept watching the lights and thought I have to pull over and get out to see better. The lights were still visible when I turned right (W) on Avonburn Rd. As soon as I turn the corner I stopped in the middle of the road, so the tree on my right wouldn’t block the lights and I jumped out on the car.

The lights were now passing the west and fading as they moved north. I saw the lights for a total time of about 25-30 seconds and only about 5 seconds out of the car.

I also thought that they must have been meteors, except they moved too slow, lasted too long and the 2 or 3 lights seemed to be following a single line with a dimmer line of light between them.

So, to sum it up, 2 perhaps a much dimmer 3 rd light moving form SSW to W then towards the north. Not over Calgary, but a long way off about 40 degrees above the horizon of buildings.

Bright enough to be seen well above the brightness of the city lights. I think you would be getting some reports from Calgary westwards.

Just really curious what it could have been and hoping others saw it.

Thank you to the witness for their report.

If anyone has had a UFO/UFOs sighting, please send me an email at sighting@telus.net or fill out the online UFO report form at http://sightings1.yolasite.com/ with details of what you saw. 

Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from all over the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here: http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: sighting@telus.net or b_vike@telus.net

The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the exact same thing from my home in West Lethbridge sometime between 10:30 and 11:00 pm. I was passing by a West facing window in my home when I saw long stretched out, thin bands of light with a number (maybe 2-3) of small, but very bright, round lights lined up within in it. The long bands of light were not distinctly straight. They appeared distorted and almost slightly blurry. I couldn't discern any kind of distinguishable solid mass within it, such as a plane.

    In the beginning it was moving steadily through the sky from South to North in a position slightly above halfway between the horizon and the crescent moon.

    At first I thought it was the moon playing some sort of optical illusion on a plane, but as it moved away from me the appearance of the long stretched out strings or bands of light never changed. They did not even change or alter when I was looking at it from the back and slightly to the side as it changed direction slightly and began moving North West. Then suddenly it faded out and was completely gone from view.

    This whole event lasted somewhere from 30 to 60 seconds.

    I thought I was nuts until I found this blog this morning. I honestly don’t know what I was looking at, but I know I saw something that was definitely strange and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them as well heading south on th QEII. Approximately around the same time. They appeared from the south heading north. They were traveling at a constant rate of speed and went directly over my car. From my perspective there was probably about 20-30 brighter whitish collered larger lights with almost like campfire sparks/embers around them. I did not stop and get out of my car because I do not like stopping on that highway unless I absolutely have to. It definitely was very interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete