Monday, October 8, 2012

Loud Boom Shakes Home In Brampton Ontario (No Explanation)


Date:  October 6, 2012
Time:  Night time.

Dear Brian Vike, I live in Brampton, Ontario, Canada (near Toronto), on Saturday October 6th, 2012 I was in bed with my sleeping 22 month old son and I heard a very loud boom sound (best description a sonic boom), the widows rattled and I felt the house move. 

It was such a strange feeling I had. I had no idea what it was. I was worried about my Mother (63 with MS), that she may have fallen in her bathroom and was hurt. 

However, I knew that did not make any sense. Her falling could not have made the widows rattle and shake, nor the house move. I heard her a few minutes later moving around and then knew that I was correct. The sound was not her and she was okay.

The next morning while we were having breakfast my Mother asked if my son or I had fallen out of bed. I answered, "no, why?" She then told me about the loud boom she heard. 

I told her that I heard it too and thought that it was her, but that didn't make any sense.

She interrupted me and told me that the walls of the house shook. I was somewhat surprised that she experienced the same thing as me. 

My Mother then had me go check around the outside of the house, inside the house and in the garage for something very heavy that may have fallen to cause the noise. I found nothing out of place. Nothing had fallen, nothing was broken.

My Father, had been in Waterloo helping my brother finish his basement. When he got home my Mother told him this story. He then checked the entire house, just like I did earlier Sunday morning. He found nothing. 

When he was finished and said that we may have heard a sonic boom. That was when I remembered hearing a sonic boom sound on the television a long time ago. I am sure that it was not a sonic boom. It was something else. 

At that time, I remembered reading and hearing on the radio, Coast to Coast that other people in cities in the United States had experienced hearing and feeling extremely loud booms at night. 

Tonight, I did a search on the internet for a sonic boom type sound in Brampton, Toronto, Mississauga and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) on October 6th, 2012 and came up with nothing. I did however, find your website.

A little background about me;  I am 36 years old, recently separated from my abusive husband two months ago and in fantastic physical, mental and emotional health. No depression (the separation is a very good thing), I am not under a great deal of stress, etc. Sincerely.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

5 comments:

  1. Hi Brian,

    I wrote the above statement last October. The same thing just happened again. Tonight 11:16 p.m. I was in bed with my son and working on my laptop when there was a loud boom and the whole house shook.

    I immediately looked out the window expecting to see another tree branch had fallen onto the house, due to he weight of the ice. Nothing.

    When I was on the way down the stair, my Father came out of his room to ask if I had heard the boom. We both checked the yards and inside of the house. Nothing was disturbed.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband heard a loud boom Monday Dec. 23/13.he was awake at the time and I was sleeping, it didn't not wake me up that night but, again the next night Dec. 24/13 a loud boom woke both of us up at around 12:30 a.m. What is going on ? what are these booms ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Toronto but am visiting my family in Belleville Ontario for the Christmas Holidays & have experienced something very similar to this. I heard a loud bang at about 4:15 am. It was loud enough to wake me & I just thought is was my 10 yr old dtr falling off the bed or maybe hitting the night stand beside the bed & maybe had pushed it into the wall. At breakfast, my dad had mentioned the noise, apparently he heard it as well. He stated he heard it the night before too. It is just after the ice storm & we thought maybe some ice had fallen off the roof but it hadn't. Looking online to see if anyone else had experienced similar events & saw this article...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Standing in my kitchen putting my jacket on talking to my girlfriend suddenly the lights flickered and a bright flash came in through the window. There was a very loud and sudden boom that seemed to come from the basement. My first thought was that my electrical panel had exploded or possibly a gas explosion. But there was nothing out of the ordinary, the lights were back on and everything was fine. I walk outside to find all my neighbours outside looking around, several of them describing the same experience I had including the noise seemingly coming from below. There was no sign of an electrical related issue like a transformer exploding or a hydro truck in the area working on something. No smoke, no sirens, nothing in the news paper or on any of the fire/police blotter websites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in 2010 in July I had just picked my son up from his friends house. It was 3 am..(ball park)The night air was still and humid. As we got out of the car and shut the doors there was a loud sonic boom sound that created a wind. It felt so close we both instinctively ducked. I searched the next day to see if there were meteors that hit. Nothing. To this day I am curious as to what it might have been.

    ReplyDelete