Sunday, October 2, 2011

Twinkling Object In The Sky Over Brampton Ontario

Date: September 21, 2011 (Approx: date)
Time: Evening

Hi there, My partner and I live in Brampton, and we saw a strange object in the north-northwest sky a couple of weeks ago. Similar to a bright star or close planet, but on watching closely, the object appeared to be twinkling more than normal seeing would account for. We got out the binoculars, and could see what seemed to be LED lights flashing in various colours and patterns.

We don't have a video camera, and our still cameras and phones didn't pick up anything significant, but I did some research on the internet, and have found video from all over the world of object(s) similar to what we saw.

Last night we looked out the window and saw a similar object again! Hard to make out the scale, but my best guess would be that it was in the area between Orangeville and Erin.

During our first sighting it seemed to stay in the same part of the sky for a very long period, however yesterday was very windy in this area, and it seemed to drift significantly. It moved over the horizon from our perspective within about an hour.

I believe it possibly came back into our field of view a few hours later but can't confirm, because I only saw light through tree branches, and that doesn't rule out an actual star (no planet would have been in that location in the sky). Based on its apparent movement, my guess would be that the lights are attached to some sort of balloon or dirigible.

My research has led me to suspect we have been seeing something known as "Maitreya's Star", an attempt to interest people in the 'teachings' of a man who makes, among other things, 2012 doomsday prophesies.

What I am very curious about is exactly what these lights are attached to, and how many of them are in our atmosphere. It seems like more than co-incidence that my partner and I have seen them in roughly the same part of the sky twice now...

Have you heard other reports of this object? If so, where and when?

Thanks and regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment