Saturday, March 26, 2011

Large Red Spherical Bright Light Over Delaware Ontario

Date: March 7, 2011
Time: 9:05 - 9:15 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Rectangular/spherical.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was going out to the country to stargaze. Now, I live in a small country town anyway, but I was going out to the country for pure dark skies. I pulled out of my driveway and noticed a large spherical bright light red "object" (think of a lighter colored Betelgeuse) in the northwestern skies.

This was bigger than any star I've seen, but not quite as big as the moon. I think somewhere between a star and the moon. I thought it could have been Saturn, because Saturn is out this time of year. I dismissed this however because it was still relatively early in the evening and Virgo (the constellation in which Saturn is viewed) was not out yet.

Also, this thing was a monster. Like I said, no star or planet could compare to this "thing" in size. Driving to the end of my street and turning right I looked to the northwest again and noticed the sphere had disappeared. Driving for a little longer, about 40 seconds, I saw some "thing", flying through the sky. Not like any plane I've seen before at night.

I've not seen a plane travel that slow, not that it was moving slowly, but also, what it was I saw was definitely lower in the atmosphere than any plane travels. I also noticed the lights on it were not like a plane lights either. There were bright white-blue lights that appeared to be all over the "thing". It look like it could have been rectangular in shape.

Startled by all of this (I couldn't believe what I was witnessing!) I pulled over my car and got out. The "thing" then flew toward the northeastern sky and was obscured from my view from trees.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment