Sunday, February 27, 2011

Around 50 Bright Lights And The Thunder Of Jet Aircraft Over Burke Mountain Coquitlam British Columbia (Pictures)

Date: February 26, 2011
Time Approx: 7:30 p.m.

Hi, I'm just wondering whether anyone else has reported to you any unusual activity in the skies above Burke Mountain last night at around 19:30hrs. I, my wife and daughter saw around 50 or so lights in formation appearing over the top of the mountain from the north and moved slowly towards Coquitlam.

They all very bright with no noise, probably at 2 to 3 thousand feet. Do you have any ideas and do you want any further info. We all found this to be very unusual, particularly as it was snowing and the lights appeared fairly low, Thanks.

Photo View: You can view a larger version of the picture to the left by clicking on it.

Additional Information:

Brian, in addition to my last, the volume of objects took approximately 15 to 20 minutes to pass over head and then disappear into the clouds. We first saw the objects as we were driving up Lincoln Ave, facing Chelsea Park and the mountain. At that junction I was so surprised that I stopped the van in mid junction and got out to view.

I keep a pair of binoculars in the van so was able to get a better look. The objects were consistent with each other, emitting the same level of light and were the same size and shape. I had time to find my camera and took a couple a pictures, not brilliant, but do show a section of the lights. I will send them later once I get back to my computer. Also, some of the lights would stop and change direction.

Photo View: You can view a larger version of the picture to the left by clicking on it.

Approximately an hour after the event I heard the rumble of very close jet aircraft overhead, perhaps the Air force? These made at least two passes. The nearest airport is Pitt Meadows and I'm sure I've never seen or heard such aircraft operate from there. Before. Hope this is useful, let me know if your contact at YVR can offer an explanation. Thanks.

Brian, as promised please see attached documents. They are in actual fact 1 to 2 seconds of digital camera video, not very good quality but you can just make out the lights above the tree line taken from my drive way. Its a new camera and for some reason it doesn't want to record more than a few seconds.


If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment