Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bright White Light Over Vegreville Alberta (ISS)

Date: November 3, 2010
Time: 7:50 p.m.

Brian, I'm contacting you regarding a bright white light I saw over Vegreville, Alberta on November 3, 2010 at 19:50. It was travelling from west to east, in a straight line, 70 degrees off the horizon and I was facing south when I saw it. At first I thought it was a plane with it's landing lights on as it was very bright and then suspected it to be a meteor, but did not see a trail behind it.

It was too low to be a satellite and also so much brighter than the satellites I normally see. The sighting of the white light lasted only a few seconds then began to fade in intensity and then turned red before it disappeared completely. After it turned red and disappeared the way it did - almost like it was ascending, I dismissed the plane with the landing lights, the meteor and satellite theories.

I searched the internet tonight regarding this and found a link to your website. I was very surprised and very happy I might add, to find out that three other people in Canmore had a sighting last night at an earlier time with the same description as I do.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.


If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential. website:

No comments:

Post a Comment