Saturday, July 17, 2010

Orange Upside Down Jellyfish Shaped Object Over Long Point Ontario

Date: July 14, 2010
Time: Approx: 11:45 p.m.

Brian Vike's Note: Witness thought it was me who was camping at Long Point and who observed the object. I was not there and the report was sent to me by another eyewitness.

Hi Brian, I was so pleased to read your post. My family was also camping at Long Point on the same day and my 10 year old son and I saw exactly the same thing. We were camping at site (removed) and my son and I had just strolled down to the beach to look at the stars. It was approximately 11:45 p.m. We were looking at a firefly high in the air when all of a sudden this strange orange light came slowly across the tree tops, about 60 yards down the beach.

It moved slowly across the top of the trees and then hovered at the edge of the tree-line for about 30 seconds. I simply couldn't figure out what this light could be, it was like nothing I had ever seen before. It was orange and somewhat oval, but not a clear oval shape. It reminded me of an upside down close up jellyfish shape.

The light seemed to ebb and flow, like an ember in a fire, but it never extinguished. It hovered at the edge of the tree-line for the whole time we stood on the beach (about 30 seconds). I was trying to shine a flashlight on it so see if I could get a better view of it. My son was getting scared at this point and wanted to leave. As we walked back up the path, the light moved backwards over the campsite. It then flew in a diagonal line upwards - moving slowly at first and then moving quickly up very high into the sky.

It was then suddenly out of sight. I knew that we had just witnessed something unexplainable. I am convinced there is no logical explanation for what we saw (if there is I would love to know what it could be). I can't think of any object that would fit that strange description, move so slowly, hover for such an extended period, and then fly up so high into the sky. I asked at the park office the next morning if anyone else had reported a strange light in the sky.

Nobody had. I wonder if they thought I was crazy! Both my son and I saw it so it was definitely not one person's optical illusion. If you are interested in sharing your experience with me further, I would love to talk to you. Thanks for your post.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment