Sunday, July 13, 2008

Penticton, British Columbia Three Oval UFOs

Posted: July 13, 2008

Date: July 11, 2008
Time: 10:50 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Penticton, BC.
Number of witnesses: 1-3
Number of objects: 3
Shape of objects: Oval.

Full Description of event/sighting: I have lived in the Okanagan Valley, more or less the better part of my life and have enjoyed star watching for many hours in the summer nights as a child with my grandmother and with my friends. I am familiar with comets, shooting stars, satellites, northern lights, planes etc. I have never before seen anything like I saw this night. It was almost eleven o'clock on a clear summer night. I had just sat down on my back patio when I looked up over the roof of my house into the night sky. Immediately I saw an object, which at first glance I thought was a shooting star. However it was moving too slowly and it was not bright enough and did not fade. It moved in a continuous motion coming closer and higher in the sky traveling north over my house. As I watched the object passed in the sky it moved into the darker part of the sky more directly above my house and out of the city lights. It was then I could clearly make out the shape of three oval objects.

They did not seem to have lights, per say, but were rather reflective in nature. These three objects were traveling in a diagonal formation and passed over my house from south to north at a consistent and fast rate of speed. I am guessing twice the speed of a jet plane. They continued north until out of sight. The sighting may have lasted about 20 seconds in total. I continued to watch the sky for approximately another one or so. Within 25 minutes of the first sighting, I noticed what appear to be a typical satellite in size and movement, however this light was passing from north to south at a much quicker speed than a normal satellite. Because of it's unusually fast speed and what I had just previously witnessed, I continued to watch the small light. I followed it until it was in the southern part of the sky. All of a sudden the light paused, stopping momentarily, and then changed direction shooting off to the east and immediately out of
sight.

Although my husband and son were watching with me at this time, they did not gain sight of the small light in time. What followed, they did see. We continued to watch the sky and out of the south east sky came a bright flash of light - just light someone had taken a picture with a camera flash. My husband saw it too. Three more similar flashes of light followed over about the next twenty minutes. My husband and son saw the next one. I continued to watch and saw another two. I noted the exact locations of the flashes. None were from the same spot. The four flashes, if connected, would have formed a rough diamond shape. Finally, at about midnight and we were starting to head in for the night when out of the corner of my eye I again spotted three oval shapes low in the eastern sky. They were again traveling from south to north, maybe a bit quicker, but this time they were in a triangle formation.

I tried to point them out to my husband but the street and city lights impaired the sighting and before we could gain a clear sighting, they were gone. I find it fascinating that the night unfolded as it did and wonder if anyone else saw the same types of things. Given the amount of activity in this relatively short period of time someone else must have seen something. I would be very interested to learn more.

Thank you to the witness for the very interesting sighting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment