Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Halifax Harbour, Nova Scotia Bright Red Light Rising Forms A Triangle (Diagram)

Posted: February 5, 2008

Date: June 8, 2007 Time: Approx 10:35 p.m.

Location of Sighting: In the sky over Halifax Harbour. Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 3 Shape of objects: 1 Very bright red light and then 2 smaller trailing dimmer lights.(In formation of triangle).

Full Description of event/sighting: I was watching TV and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a very bright red light rising very slowly into the sky. At first it appeared to be a firework or flare, but then the light suddenly changed directions and very quickly moved diagonally downward with two trailing dimmer and smaller lights appearing behind it forming a triangle. The lights then disappeared. The entire sighting lasted approximately 5 seconds.

Additional Information:

Hi Brian, No problem, it was definitely a very interesting site that's for sure so I just felt I had to document it somewhere and yours was the first site I came across.

Any way in regard to your questions:

1. - I was not able to see any structure at all to the object.

2. - I did not notice any blinking or flashing of the lights, they were very bright throughout the sighting.

3. - It was a very mild night, although there did appear to be a few clouds in the sky. The lights seemed to disappear very suddenly as if behind a cloud but they never again emerged.

4. - The object was approximately 3 miles from my location.

5. - If I was to hold my thumb up at arms length I would say the main red light was approximately half the size of my thumbnail....all 3 lights together would have been slightly larger than my thumbnail when spread apart at their furthest just before disappearing.

6. - I live on the 9th floor of an apartment building and there is about 2.5 miles of land (mainly houses and small buildings) between myself and Halifax Harbour. To me it appeared that the lights were over Halifax Harbour.

7. - No I did not see any other aircraft in the area during or after witnessing the lights and I remained looking for approximately 10 minutes afterward in hopes of seeing the lights again.

8. - Like I said my original thoughts on seeing the Bright Red Light was that it was a firework or Flare and actually just as I was about to mention it to my roommate who was in the same room the Bright Red Light very suddenly changed direction and quickly moved in a downward diagonal direction giving rise to two additional smaller trailing yellow lights that seemed further away from the Red Light as it travelled downward. Overall I watched the Red Light rise in the sky for approximately 3 or 4 seconds and then suddenly travel downward with the two trailing lights for no more than 1 or 2 seconds. It appeared much, much too fast to be a plane or helicopter. More like the appearance of a shooting star.

I've also attached a rough diagram that I hope will help.

If you have any other questions or happen to discover what it may have been that I witnessed please feel free to e-mail me.



Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment