Saturday, January 26, 2008

Stoney Creek Mountain, Ontario Fireball/Meteor Sighting - Glowing Blue/Green

Posted: January 26, 2008

Date: March 11, 2007 Time: 7:55 p.m.

HBCC UFO Research Note: After receiving so many sighting reports for the March 11, 2007 Fireball/Meteor sighting this is getting interesting. My question is, were there more than one meteor that night on March 11, 2007 ? From media articles the meteor was burning up over Ontario, and the meteor reported to be heading from north to south was also seen from New York, Ohio and Michigan in the United States. The way I see it, either the reports from some of the media are incorrect, and the meteor traveled a longer distance than reported, or were there more than one meteor ? Also reports have come in where the meteor darn near hit vehicles on the road in several areas, being in Ontario and the United States. If others have witnessed the meteor and have not filed a report on this as of yet, I sure would like to hear from you. Please use the Report A UFO form on the left hand, top area on the page.Please add as much detail as possible.

Location of Sighting: Stoney Creek Mountain Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Fireball-round.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hey Brian, I saw the March 11/07 fireball come to the ground on the Stoney Creek Mountain. Came from the north at about a 35% angle to the ground. Glowing blue/green, approximately 50 feet over my car. I was travelling west, and it was coming at me from about 2 o'clock. Hit the ground somewhere within 1/2 mile of the Linc, near the Leon's store. I was taking an exit ramp, and went to see if it had hit anything. Lots of fields in the area, but a fair amount of development. It definitely did not burn out before impact, that thought had crossed my mind. At approx: 50 feet, it had a 1 foot diameter, was traveling at approximately 1 mile/5 seconds, or 720 miles/hour. I happen to be a private pilot training in instruments, so noticing particulars and spacing was quite easy, especially since it was so close. I happened to be on the phone to the client that I had just left when it occurred, and informed her that I had almost gotten picked off by a meteor! lol

Stoney Creek Mountain is approximately 700 feet higher than the QEW where it was sighted, and the angle of which it was travelling would coincide with that sighting. Was actually going to go back to exactly where I saw it and try to locate it, because it definitely hit the ground a second or two after I saw it.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment