Friday, January 18, 2008

South East Vancouver B.C. A Loud Metallic Grinding Sound Is Heard From Above

Posted: January 18, 2008

HBCC UFO Research Note: Over the last few years I have received reports that are similar to this one below. Strange loud sounds coming from above or over people's homes, but there is no rational explanation found for what the cause of the sound was. I would like to ask any others who may have experienced this same thing in the South East Vancouver B.C. area to please write to me with a detailed report. Thank you, Brian.

Date: July 20, 2006 Time: 5:05 a.m.

Message: Hello Brian, I am writing to report a horrendous shrieking grinding noise that woke our entire family on the night of July 20/21 06. It occurred at 5:05 a.m. in the area of South East Vancouver. I awoke panic filled, to a sound that I have never heard before, and quite frankly I have no idea what could even make such a noise.

My dog began barking, and then howling alerting the family that something was going terribly wrong. My wife and I sleep on the top floor bedroom with a large deck just outside the door. As I awoke to the sound, my first thought was that a jet plane was about to crash into our house. I ran outside to the deck to try and find the source. The noise can only be described as a very loud shrieking, with a metallic grinding sound that shook our neighborhood, but as I stood on the deck, in my underwear, there was absolutely no motor noise or sight of a plane. To me it sort of sounded like a pack of coyotes, a huge flock of geese, and a million seagulls being put through a huge wood chipper with a bad set of bearings, with a low underlying, chanting, yelling voice. Just complete distress!

I know that sounds strange, but I spent the next couple of hours on my back, trying to think what could possibly make a sound like that. My 21 year old daughter also was awakened by the noise, and I could hear her downstairs in the living room trying to calm our howling dog. She was completely panicked and at a loss for words as to what could have made that noise as it scared her badly, it was so loud. My wife also heard the shrieking, and like the rest of us, has no idea what could make such a sound. I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see a jet engine come crashing through the low cloud cover, and hit any of the houses on our block. Whatever made the sound was directly above our house, above the low cloud cover, and seemed very, very close. The sound slowly moved south west and towards Richmond, still shrieking loudly, where I later heard on the radio they had a "mysterious power disappearance" from the power grid, and were blacked out for a few hours. I am wondering if anyone else heard that God awful sound. Thanks.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

2 comments:

  1. I'm still thinking about a loud grinding sound that was directly over our condo last year around Sept 15th 8:30 PM AZ (USA) time. It shook the building, rattled the roof tiles and scared the heck out of us. We were frozen, to afraid to go outside at first. We eventually went outside after the noise started to die down. We didn't see anything. Our neighbor asked us a few days later if we had been home and if we heard it too. He said he hadn't heard anything that loud since the time he road in a Chinook Helicopter. There were no reports of a Chinook in our area and no news reports. We are still wondering what our UFO might have been. It lasted maybe 10 minutes...but was so disorienting that we were stunned for quite a while. My husband was frozen in action on one foot going toward the door. He couldn't move. I was the one who first went outside, he was still unable to move. When he finally snapped out of it, he was hesitant to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For over a year now, I've been searching the internet for others who may have had this experience. On Sept 16, 2018 at 1:25 AM, my husband and I heard the loudest grinding sound right over our condo. The whole house shook, walls, windows, the tiles on the roof rattled violently, the flashing around our fireplace chimney torn off. It lasted at least 5 minutes, maybe longer. We were frozen in shock staring at each other, afraid to go outside. It didn't sound like a helicopter, but was definitely directly above our condo. We discussed it the next day with our next door neighbor who was also frightened by the sound and the shaking. He said the nearest thing he'd ever heard that loud was when he flew a Chinook helicopter. I ran outside during the noise and there was nothing in the sky. The noise moved away slowly to the east, but I could not see anything. We live in Bullhead City Arizona USA. Still looking for answers.

    ReplyDelete