Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Northwest Of Edmonton, Alberta Object Shoots Off On An Right Angle

Posted: January 1, 2008

Date: November 12, 2004 Time: 11:45 p.m.

Location of Sighting: N.W. 1/4 Sec. 24-57-5-5 Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Unknown

Full Description of event/sighting: My wife and I like to play a game while we sit around the campfire to see which one of us can spot the most "space junk" floating overhead in the night skies. We have played this game for over 10 years and have seen the usual objects (mostly satellites) that look like stars and travel in a precise direction silently through the night skies. Sometimes the object will be spinning and it will have a "fade in - fade out" twinkle as it travels. On some nights we can see up to a dozen or more objects over a period of 2 to 3 hours.

We moved to a rural acreage Northwest of Edmonton, AB in the fall of 2004. On the night of November 12, 2004 at approx: 11:45 p.m., I was walking outside from the house to another building on our property. As I walked, I looked up to admire the night sky. It was absolutely gorgeous. There were no clouds and the stars were breathtaking.

I saw a very bright object in the sky traveling from East to West. It was almost behind me as I walked and I watched it for about 5 seconds before I turned my head back in the direction I was walking. Then I thought to myself "that was one very bright piece of space junk" and turned back to take a second look. The object was exactly where it was supposed to be in it's path as I looked at it a second time. This time I actually stopped and turned my whole body around to watch it travel towards me over my house. I was just about to come to the conclusion that this object must be an aircraft with a bright light turned on, such as a landing light, when the object suddenly "shot off" at a right angle towards the South like a shooting-star at an extremely high speed and disappeared like it turned off the light.

I saw the light streak for about (arms length measurement) 6 inches before the light disappeared. This did not "fall towards the ground" like a shooting star. The object was originally traveling West at a slow rate of speed then all of a sudden was traveling South at a high rate of speed at the same altitude. There was no sound and I could not judge how far away the object was. I stood there for a moment and thought that this was the oddest thing I have ever seen in the night sky. I looked all over the sky for anything that looked "unusual" but it was just a spectacular view of the stars with nothing else moving.

Additional facts: I was inspired to submit this report after reading about the 1954 Mayerthorpe sighting. The Mayerthorpe sighting location is only 4 miles west of where 4 RCMP were shot last year. About 15 miles west of where my sighting in 2004 occurred.

Additional Information:

Hi Brian, The object left no trail or anything as it "streaked". No sound, nothing. Just a smear of light as one would expect as a bright point of light moves fast.

After the object disappeared, I looked all over the sky but there was nothing as far as the eye could see except stars. Nothing moving. I was definitely looking for anything else out of the ordinary. There wasn't any airplanes.

I immediately told my wife who was in the house what I saw. I did have a strange thought afterwards about the incident, that is, I wondered if "the object" took evasive action after it discovered that I was staring at it. It was coming towards me from over my house so maybe I was invisible to it until it was almost on top of me. Just a thought!

Thank you to the witness for the interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment