Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Calgary, Alberta - International Airport A Cross Shaped Object

Posted: January 15, 2008

Date: December 18, 2005 Time: 1:11 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Cross shaped.

Full Description of event/sighting: On the morning/afternoon of Dec 18, 2005 I was at the Calgary airport taking pictures of aircraft as they departed to be entered on an aviation website. The gear that I was using was a Canon 20D DSLR of 8MP and a Canon 70-200 F:4 L USM lens. I was shooting in motor mode to capture the moving jets at a rate of 5fps. This means that there was no more than 1/20th of a second between frames. I was shooting a departing Alaska Airlines 737 when I noticed an object in the lower right hand of frame as I fired the camera to begin a sequence of shots. In the fraction of a second I was able to observe it I was able to determine that it was very bright, moving quickly from lower right of frame to the upper middle of frame.

When the mirror returned the second time the object was gone and I put it down to a abnormality of light. Two days later I was viewing the photographs I had taken that day and was very surprised to see that I had captured something on one of the frames. I enlarged the object, sharpened the picture and gave it higher resolution. I appears to be a cross shaped object and appears to be in the upper center of frame. Keep in mind I first saw it in the lower right section of frame as the camera was firing so the object would have traversed the entire frame in under 1/20th sec. Further the object does not show up on the frame shot 1/20th sec later. End result it's moving at a good rate of speed.

Some that have seen the picture have suggested that the object is a "hot pixel".This is a defective pixel in the camera's sensor and would show up as a white dot in the picture. In this case it is not possible as the object does not show up in the picture shot before or after. Hot pixels don't fix themselves. Another suggested that were a bunch of Mylar balloons adrift and must admit it does look similar, however these would have to be the fastest balloons the world has ever seen and the wind was not blowing that hard that day. If you wish to have a look at the photos let me know and you can draw your own conclusions.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment