Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lumsden/New-Wes-Valley Newfoundland Obtuse Triangle Shape

Posted: December 27, 2007

Date: After 1999 Time: Late afternoon

Message: Recently there have been reported sightings of UFOs in my area of Lumsden/New-Wes-Valley Newfoundland.

This has peaked my interest as a couple of years ago my husband and I were driving along the coast when we both saw an aircraft shaped like a stealth bomber moving along in front of us. It appeared to be moving like a helicopter without the noise. We were able to watch if for five to six minutes until it moved out of sight.

While I am opened to any possibility, my husband is skeptical. We have often wondered what it was and now because of recent sightings we wonder even more.

Additional Information:

The incident happened on a fine, clear, late afternoon and it took place in late summer. We can't remember the year but it was after 1999. The reason I know that is because I remember mentioning it in a chat group on the Internet. I was not on any chat groups before 1999.

The object was above the horizon coming from the Northeast moving Southwest.

How far and how fast the object moved is difficult to say. It was not very fast. Maybe 120 miles per hour. Personally I likened it to a helicopter. It made no unusual movements. While we watched, it followed a straight course. We followed it's progress until we could no longer see it because of the route we were travelling.

The object appeared smooth in texture and was dark in colour, but could be seen clearly. Again, it appeared as a helicopter would appear, much the same distance off the ground and much the same speed as a helicopter that might be flying over a community. We were driving along a coastal road and it was to our right. It is difficult to tell distance but we saw the craft quite clearly.

Again, I can't even guess. It could have been a mile off the ground, more or less.

Gander International Airport would have been approximately 30 miles away, as the crow flies. There is also a small military base in Gander. Actually, when we saw it we thought the Air Force must be testing a new type of helicopter.

I don't think there is much to add to this incident. It was much the same as watching a helicopter, as we have done many times. What was unusual is there was no noise and the shape was similar to a stealth bomber. I think we could say an obtuse triangle shape.

Perhaps I should say that Lumsden is a community that has reported the sighting of lights for many years. And I should say that this area is one of the wealthiest areas in Newfoundland. There is no unemployment. We still have a successful private fish plant which has not suffered from the downturn in the fishery. Our plant is expanding to hire more workers this year, contrary to may areas of the province.

Thank you for answering my mail. The topic is very interesting to me. I have thought for may years that someone should do*****ent the stories in this area but I can't seem to find the time.

Thank you very much to the witness for the excellent account.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment