Monday, December 31, 2007

Laval, Quebec Object Stopped And Started To Ascend

Posted: December 31, 2007

Date: July 6, 2004 Time: Mid-afternoon

It was mid-afternoon in Laval on the north shore of the Rivière des Prairies. To be specific in a small park between the Ahuntsic and Papineau bridges, both connecting Laval to Montreal. I was there with my mother who was visiting me from Europe.

She spotted the object first, pointing to the direction of the close-by senior citizen high-rise asking me “What do you think this is?” True, there was something floating in the air that I can describe as a floating plastic bag or sheet of newspaper. I told her what I thought but she insisted on that it was something else. Strangely after a few minutes it was still in the air at the same spot instead of blown away by the wind. It wobbled in an aimless way without any clear pattern of movement. Suddenly with a purposeful move it flew out to the river, stopped and started to ascend in a slight angle flying up and to the south towards Montreal. I had to run down to the water not to lose sight of it (trees in the park started to obstruct my view). From there I was able to follow it for about 10 minutes. It was flying slowly, very evenly, precisely keeping its direction until it became so small I lost sight of it.

Things don’t make sense here though. If the object was the size of a bag or newspaper, it would have been impossible to follow its flight for so long. I know there could be an explanation for it, like I’ve seen two separate events (the floating bag and the straight flying object). However I hadn’t lost sight of it between the two stages, not even when I moved from my bench to the river. If it was floating behind the building and not before as I first thought, then it must have been the size of a car or a truck. Or, and I know it sounds silly but it must have changed its shape and size.

This was not the end of the strangeness though. About half an hour had gone by, dark gray clouds moved in and we decided to leave. Again my mom alerted me saying “look up!” and pointed to the clouds right above our head. There were two small, bright, white round lights circling right below the dark cloud cover. Both made very small and fast circles in a strangely obsessive way. The whole thing lasted for less than a minute and they then disappeared into the clouds.

A further addition to this sighting: I’ve seen the exact same, very flat, newspaper or carpet looking object in the cloudless blue sky flying over the east end of Montreal. It was flying north or north west. I couldn’t even guess the size of it, because in the blue sky there was no point of reference. I was on the west side of the Versailles mall when I spotted it. It was white, flew very evenly without a wobble in a fast, purposeful way in total silence until the walls of the mall obstructed my view. This sighting happened in the late afternoon, maybe around 5 or 6 p.m. on October 28. 2004.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment